The Community of Interbeing UK is an English registered charity and company limited by guarantee, whose aims are to promote the teaching and practice of Thich Nhat Hanh and to assist local groups with this aim. Our charity number is 1096680 and our company number is 4623280. The registered office address is: Sunnyside House, South View Terrace, Yatton, Bristol BS49 4AH.
Our register entry at the Charity Commission which gives regulatory information about us can be found on their website. We are governed by a constitution which comprises our Memorandum and Articles as a company.
The trustees, acting collectively, have the legal responsibility for seeing that all resources held by the national organisation are used effectively for these purposes, and that the CoI UK complies with laws, including charity regulations, pays its taxes etc. Within such legal responsibilities, the trustees serve the Community by responding to, and facilitating, the ideas and activity coming from local groups and individual members.
Trustees are members of the charity who have taken the Five Mindfulness Trainings who are willing to serve, and are supported by the members at the Annual Assembly. New trustees can be co-opted to make up the team, or be proposed at the Assembly.
The Trustees meet regularly to deal with finances, projects and communications issues. Meetings are minuted and the trustees report to the members at the Assembly, also to the Charity Commission and Companies House.
Any member can put their ideas and suggestions to the trustees. They are welcome to attend a meeting of the trustees (if they are willing to read past minutes to familiarise themselves with our work) and can contribute if asked – but only the trustees take part in decisions.
Safeguarding Sanghas. Mindful Approaches to Behaviour & Mental health Difficulties In Plum Village Sangha Practice
Use of the website is provided by the COI subject to the following Terms and Conditions:
1. Your use constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions as at the date of your first use of the site.
2. The COI reserves the rights to change these terms and conditions at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified.
3. You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights, or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the site by any third party.
4. This site and the information, names, images, pictures, regarding or relating to the COI are provided “as is” without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied. In no event will the COI be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from the use or in connection with such use or loss of use of the site, whether in contract or in negligence.
5. The COI does not warrant that the functions contained in the material contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy and reliability of the materials.
6. Copyright restrictions:
Commercial use or publication of all or any item displayed is strictly prohibited without prior authorisation from the COI. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring any licence by the COI to use any item displayed.Documents may be copied for personal use only on the condition that copyright and source indications are also copied, no modifications are made and the document is copied entirely. However, some documents and photos have been published on this site with the permission of the relevant copyright owners (who are not the COI). All rights are reserved on these documents and permission to copy them must be requested from the copyright owners (the sources are indicated within these documents/photographs).
7. The COI takes no responsibility for the content of external Internet sites. Other websites that we link to are owned and operated by third parties and the COI has no control over them. The fact that we include links to other websites does not mean that the COI approves of or endorses any other third party website or the content of that website. We accept no liability for any statements, information, products or services that are published on or are accessible through any websites owned or operated by third parties.
8. Any communication or material that you transmit to, or post on, or request that we post on, any public area of the site including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like, is, and will be treated as, nonconfidential and nonproprietary information.
10. These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
11. If these terms and conditions are not accepted in full, the use of this site must be terminated immediately.
Sign up to ‘Here and Now’ to receive the latest Plum Village news, mindfulness inspiration, and information on retreats and courses.