We have all been deeply hurt by the way our past and present society has categorised, separated, and limited us based on the illusion of ‘race’. As we support one another to experience our own relationship to this and deepen our understanding through compassionate listening and loving speech, we begin to embrace and transform the ancestral suffering within us and around us, and take steps on the path to inclusive sanghas where all people can find a home.
– content and study to reflect on our white identities, history and bias.
– practices to help reflect on our racial identity and the world around us
– A compassionate space to be in sharing together
Who is it for? Anyone within the sangha who identifies/ has been socialised as white. Please invite others in your sangha circles who you believe might be interested.
To allow for an intimate and small group experience, places will be limited, so:
– We ask everyone to come with the intention to join all of the group sessions. If you can’t attend all sessions, you may still be able to join but please inform us on the form below.
– If you have already attended a 4-week programme, we would love to welcome you again, however, we will prioritise those who haven’t attended one already.
– The course is designed for sangha members from the UK and much of the material is specific to the UK context. If you are not based in the UK you are still welcome to register and join if there are spaces. We may also be able to put you in touch with people in/from the same country/region as you who are interested in beginning white awareness work.
How to attend
Please register your interest via the form below.